Hologram is a really cool Rails gem made by Trulia to create styleguides for your project based on comments in your code, take a look at it now!
almost 2 years ago
almost 3 years ago
These are the reasons because we say that this tech is elastic:
- Fast development, better results [...]
- Strong focus on automated testing [...]
- Secure apps [...]
- A very large community [...]
almost 3 years ago
The concept of elasticity comes from solid mechanics and designates the mechanical property of certain materials to experience reversible deformation when they are under the action of external forces and to recover the original form if these external forces are removed. As an adjective can be used to describe those flexible materials, i.e. that can accommodate different circumstances.
The concept of elasticity or the adjective elastic can also be used to describe technologies. We will say that a technology is elastic when it:
- adapts to growth, popularity and use of systems built with it (scalability [ISO 9126]).
- can be extended to meet specific needs of niche markets.
- is identified as the most versatile for a specific activity (not necessarily the newest).
- has high visibility, mature communities, support and industry demand it.
- is modern, sophisticated and advanced but not with high risk associated.
- agrees very well with cloud computing, containerization of environments, IoT and DevOps.
- used alongside good processes delivers
- excellent results and speed to market in short cycle times.
- add, modify or remove functionalities quickly with low (or null) quality impact
In conclusion, there are many technologies that can be described as elastic although, currently, we decided to work with the following:
over 4 years ago
customer.io is a SaaS which enables you to easily manage all the emails you send to your users: from your newsletters to transactionnal and behavioral emails.
The concept is simple: you send to customer.io data about your users, it creates a custom userbase, on your customer.io dashboard, which you can segment in order to send the good emails to the good users at the good time. At VAIRIX we use Customerio gem as a client for the Customer.io event API.
To install it just add
gem 'customerio' and execute
bundle. Then you can identify your customers when they sign up for your app and any time their key information changes. This keeps Customer.io up to date with your customer information.
almost 5 years ago
Here we take a look at two tools to aid us in Ruby on Rails development process:
Better Errors:"The default Rails error page is completely hideous and hurts to look at. Better Errors replaces the standard Rails error page with a much better and more useful error page."
RailsPanel: "Chrome extension for Rails development that will end your tailing of development.log. Have all information about your Rails app requests in the browser - in the Developer Tools panel. Provides insight to db/rendering/total times, parameter list, rendered views and more.